Men who made mathematics

Men who made mathematics

Friday, June 17, 2016

It has been a long time…..

It has been a long time since my last post. In the meantime, I have fallen in love….with Differential Geometry. I don't know how it happened….but it has. I have also acquired my M.Sc degree in Pure Mathematics..so logically can call myself a Mathematician now along with a Digital Communication Engineer. My two years sojourn into the world of structured study of Mathematics while studying for the 20 papers that M.SC degree entailed made me learn a lot of things which left to myself I would have never learned…Topology, Topological Vector Space, Graph Theory and believe me…C Programming and Numerical Analysis. They are all wonderful things but somehow on my own I would not have made myself to learn it unless forced which happened. 
Writing the exam was also a great fun. The weather was sultry, mid July to mid September, No air-conditioning, sweaty hands, supervisory eye of the invigilator, small benches which now my backside hardly fitted…..a sense of deja vu prevailed. Weirdest part was being called by my co-examinees "Uncle"…augh…oops…trimmed my mustache so that the whites show their minimum, took deep breaths to suck in the paunch but to no avail…."Uncle…"Huh ..! I later figured out that I was also an enigma to them…I am not a teacher, nor I am looking for job of a teacher then what the hell am I? They wondered..Nobody could imagine that I am so crazy a nut that I am doing my M.SC which I need not do..nothing forcing me to go through the grueling process..but I was doing it..and It was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment